Pages

Friday, May 5, 2017

5 Misconceptions About Personal Concierge Companies



There are so many misconceptions about concierges and I wanted to highlight some
  • They are for rich people. This is definitely not the case. I work with such a large range a variety of individuals, whether this is teachers, lawyers, marketing professionals, entrepreneurs, stay at home moms, and the list goes on and on. I just tell others that people hire me because they need help in a specific area or that is what they want to spend their money on for the moment. Just like my husband and I like to spend money on trying new restaurants. 
  • That we will purposely take our time to charge more. For me this is a big NO. I absolutely love what I do and try to go at a fast, efficient pace, but sometimes that is just not possible. There are many days that I want to get home as quickly as possible just like anyone else, but take my time to make sure things are done right.
  • They don't care about the client. WHAT?!?! Personally, I try to build a relationship with all my clients whether they use my services once a week or once every 2 years. I love the relationships that I get to form with my clients and try to continue to grow it. 
  • They aren't relevant because of personal assistant apps. Things are changing in the concierge world, but with that said I do think personal concierges are still very relevant. Like I said above, I try to build relationships with my clients and with app services you can't always do that because there is a different person usually each time. I do love some of the time saving apps, but do see where some people still crave that personal one on one time.
  • They are competitive. I think every business is competitive to a degree, but like have I said before I view it as community over competition in the concierge world because Houston is so big and I cannot possibly handle every single need of every Houstonian. There are some companies in the concierge / professional organizing world that are competitive, but I have referred work to other companies on many occasions and vice versa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment