Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

Tools of the Trade for a Concierge


There are so many things that are necessary for a concierge, but below are some of the tools of the trade that are necessary to be good at what we do. This post is piggy backing off this past article that I wrote last year. 

Planner. Whether it is a paper one or an electronic one this is necessary to keep track of clients and schedules. 
Pen & Pencil. I almost always have a pen or pencil with me to keep track of everything that is necessary. I am constantly writing things down.
Electronics. Computer, phone, headphones, etc. are necessities for a concierge because this is how we conduct a good chunk of our business. 
Tape measure. Since I am a professional organizer I carry a small tape measure in my purse. It comes in handy for so many different things. 
Cash. You should have cash on hand most of the time because you never know when you will need it for parking, valet, tips, etc. 
Vendors. Any good concierge has a list of vendors that they prefer using on a regular basis. 
List of resources. Besides vendors you should have a list of resources like stores, individuals, companies, websites, etc. that you can refer to when needed. 
Network. There are so many networking events you can go to and ways to network. This is how you meet others who may be interested in hiring a concierge.
Get to know your area. I do a lot of business in the downtown Houston area, so I am constantly walking and talking with all kinds of people and businesses. 
Professional organizations. Join professional organizations that may be beneficial to your business. I am part of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO), among other organizations,  because I am a professional organizer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment