Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Eco Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

Anyone super excited for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (HLSR)?! I am on the recycling committee and wanted to point out an eco feature about this big event that happens every year in Houston. This committee was referred to me by a colleague and I was super excited when she told me about it because anything eco and green is right up my ally. HLSR is more eco than I thought because they recycle a TON of things so they do not end up in landfills. This is something that many do not realize and is something that HLSR is committed to doing in helping raise money for scholarships, for the environment and for Houston.

Last week I worked the World Championship Barbecue Cookoff at HLSR and we went around and gathered cardboard from all the tents and then took them to the compactor. HLSR gets money for everything that is recycled and the money goes towards scholarships for the kids. The more we recycle the more money goes back to the kids. It's a win, win all around.













ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment