Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Inspiration Book Organization


I have been saving magazine clippings for years and years and years. I subscribe to far too many magazines, but I read everyone cover to cover. Plus, it is great research for my clients and I can stay on top of things. One day I will have to tell you guys all the magazines I subscribe to, it is wide range.

I have had these inspiration books I made many years ago from the magazine clippings and always flip through them for many things whether I am looking for organization tips or gift ideas. This was well before Pinterest came around. About 4 years ago or so when I started working with a new client and I saw that she did the exact same thing I did. For me it is a whole process. I love these books and reference them a lot.

This is what I do:

  • I dog ear the pages I want to rip out. 
  • Every month or two I go through the past magazine issues and tear out those pages.
  • I put them in a folder until it becomes full and should deal with it, which is every 4-6 months or so.
  • If something needs to be cut out of a particular page I cut it out
  • I get sheet protectors and put the tear outs in those or the small pieces I cut out I glue on a plain piece of paper and make a collage type page. 
  • I put the sheet protectors in the respective binders. 
  • I have tabs on each section like organization, eco, gift ideas, travel, home, etc. 








This is my client's inspiration books

This is from my client's inspiration books


ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment