Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

How to Plant Succulents

This is post I meant to post last year and never got around to it. 

I have always been a lover of succulents. We had them as center pieces at our wedding a) they looked great b) they are cheaper than flowers c) they last longer than flowers. 

My grandmother has always had a succulent garden for all my life and my mother in law has grown a ton of succulents. 

We recently tried starting a succulent garden at our new house, but the yard people keep stepping on it or something. I need to put a sign for them, so they know not to disturb it. Luckily several succulents have actually survived pretty while despite all that. I decided to plant succulents in various pots that I had got at ikea, or got at the hardware store and leave them in our garden window in our kitchen.

Here is what you will need:

  • Succulents
  • Pots / containers or if they are going in the ground
  • Cactus soil
  • Rocks (optional)

You decide if they will be in the ground or pot, put soil in, plant succulent, and top with rocks. Super simple. They need minimal water, just every so often. I put several cubes of ice every week or if I forget to do that I take them to the sink and run them under the water for a few seconds. 








The succulents have thrived in our garden window and look great!

You can purchase succulents at places all over Houston. 

  • Cactus King off of IH-45 (they have a TON)
  • Bucchanans 
  • Joshua's in the Heights
  • Kroger's 
  • HEB
  • Whole Foods


ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment