Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Eco (& not so eco) Lipsticks and Chapsticks

I don't wear lipstick often, but seem to have a lot of different options. I wear more chapsticks than anything because my lips get super dry. As you'll see I lean more towards pink colors.

These are some eco lipsticks. The Hourglass lipstick kind of has a funny taste, but I really like the color. The Ilia lipstick conditions and goes on smooth. The Hourglass lipgloss gives a great pop of color, I love wearing it during the holidays.


These are the not so eco options that I use. The Nars lip pencil and lipstick is the colors the make up artist used at my wedding 2.5 years ago and I loved it and decided to buy it. The Chanel color is one that I saw in a magazine years ago and has since been discontinued. YSL lip gloss my husband bought for me as a birthday gift. 

I use chapstick more than I use lipsticks. I have been using EOS since they came on the market several years ago. Carmex I have been using for years. I know many people think it is gross to use the kind in the jar, but that is what I prefer, I think because this is what I always saw my grandfather use. Lucas Papaw Ointment is something relatively new I have been using. When I first started using it I thought it was great and it is supposed to work miracles on chapped lips, but as time goes on I am not sure how I feel about it. I think it may dry out my lips more, but I am going to give it a go for a bit longer. Lucas and Carmex are petroleum based, which is not eco at all.

ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment