Pages

Monday, July 17, 2017

What I learned / enjoyed at the NAPO 2017 Conference in Pittsburgh


This year was my first year to go to National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) Conference in Pittsburgh after being a NAPO member for many years. I was SO happy that I did. I learned so much!!
  • Connected with other organizers in Houston and all over. I have connected with more Houston organizers than I thought and am SO glad that I did. I had such a great time with all of them and couldn't wait to hang out with them again. I also, connected with some other organizers in other cities that we stay in touch via Slack. 
  • I learned SO much from the classes that I took. Since the conference I have gone back and listened to classes that I was not able to attend. There were so many GREAT speakers and I really didn't know what to expect. It was sensory overload and I couldn't wait to get back to Houston and implement the many things that I learned. 
  • Just go with the flow. Since I didn't know what to expect I was just winging everything. From the day I got to Pittsburgh I had a conference buddy. Then when I was wrapping up my time with my buddy we ran into some Houston organizers that I knew, but didn't really "know". I ended up going to a Pirates game with them that night. It was a happy accident. 
  • Vendors. I got to see the many vendors that I may have known about, but it was great seeing the products they had to offer and I learned about new vendors. I will do a separate post on this as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment