Pages

Friday, July 28, 2017

Unique Roadside Attractions From Houston to Pittsburgh


On my way to Pittsburgh for the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) 2017 Conference I stopped at various roadside attractions. I drove to Pittsburgh because 1. I love road trips 2. I was stopping in Asheville, NC to see a friend and her little one 3. I got to listen to audiobooks :). To make the trip more fun I decided to stop at various roadside attractions along the way. I used the app Roadside America. Below are some of the things I stopped at. On the way back home my father-in-law actually rode with me and we stopped in Memphis for the night, so there is one picture from Memphis.


World's largest working fire hydrant in Beaumont, TX


Miss Rose's Bar: Happy Man in Lafayette, LA it was sculpted for the 1984 New Orleans World's Fair and later it was dumped in a field.



Frog statue at the frog capital of the world in Rayne, LA


Giant guitar in Crowley, LA




Playhouse Grave of Little Nadine Earles in Lanett, LA. This was an interesting. Nadine wanted a playhouse for Christmas and died right before Christmas. So her parents built a playhouse around her tombstone and filled it with toys.


World's Largest Stationary Brick made out of bricks in Montgomery, AL. 





Hank Williams Astroturf Grave in Montgomery, AL


Giant gun safe on a pole in Mobile, AL



World's Largest Mattress in Jefferson, GA


BB King's Blues Club

No comments:

Post a Comment