Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

Travel Tips and Hacks


I know it is summer time and right in the heart of travel season. In fact, I am traveling right now as are many of my clients, so I thought it would be a good idea for some travel tips. As a professional organizer and concierge, I get asked to help with packing and preparing for travel ALL of the time especially during peak travel season like summer and winter. Below are some travel tips and hacks that I have learned along the way.
  • Bring a small power strip. Many hotels or rental places are short on plugs. 
  • Get free maps from AAA (if you are a member) or airport information stations.
  • Discounted travel through AAA and Costco memberships. There are lots of deals to be had out there.
  • Bring your own water bottle and use filling stations. Many airports have fill stations now. 
  • Pack your shoes in shower caps. I do this so my shoes do not get my clothes all dirty.
  • Utilize your space. Put socks and underwear inside of your shoes. 
  • Bring your own mini alcohol bottles. They are usually under the ounce limit. I have heard mix reviews about this. Some people say airlines allow it, while others say it is not allowed. 
  • Place orders ahead of time and have them shipped to your destination. This is especially great for kid items like diapers or formula if you are staying in one place for a while. Or if you forget something.
  • Start taking Vitamin C two weeks before traveling. This helps you from getting sick or at least lessens the chances.
  • Take picture of your outfits. This helps you plan what you are going to wear each day and that way you will already know without having to think about it.
  • Wrap tops of bottle caps with plastic. This helps with leakage and preventing a mess inside of your suitcase &/or bag.
ecomodernconcierge.com

1 comment:

  1. This is simple yet impressive. We'll apply this travel tips and hacks. This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete