Pages

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Road Trip Essentials


Since is it is summer travel time I thought I would refer back to a post I wrote almost 2 years ago called road trip essentials (I can't believe I posted this almost 2 years ago, I remember so vaguely writing it). Click on the link above to view all the photos published.

I grew up road tripping to various places and often take road trips with my husband, and wanted to share some of my essentials. I back in July from road trippin’ with family to SC. I rode with my aunt, uncle and cousin because I was able to take off early and my husband and the rest of our family flew up that weekend. We took a leisurely pace and stopped in New Orleans at one of my favorite places, Mother’s. Their jambalaya is DELICIOUS! Saw the largest rocking chair in America, then made our first stop in Destin, FL for a couple of days. I was surprised how clear the water was and it was only about a 9 hour drive. Then we finally made our way to Edisto Beach, SC outside of Charleston and stopped at the smallest church in America on the way. I rode back home with them as well, so we were in the car a loooong time. 

Here are some road trip essentials that I found helpful and like to take with me.
  • Pouches / Document Holders. I use these all the time when traveling because it helps me contain my stuff.
  • Notebook / Address Book. I try to always bring my address book / notebook with me on my trips because I often send letters or have thoughts I want to jot down. 
  • Pens / Pencils. Because you never know when you need a pen.
  • iPad. To watch movies, listen to music or play games on, but I didn’t use it this time.
  • Movies. My cousin brought all kinds of movies for us to watch in the car because they have a tv in the car and we actually watched several movies. 
  • Headphones. For music and movies.
  • Instant Film Camera. I love using this that my husband got for me several years ago. We took pictures at the quirky places we stopped at and completely forgot to use it at other places too.
  • Portable Phone Charger. This is always handy if your phone battery is running low.
  • Car Games. We actually had a lot of fun with this. We played the license plate  and got all, but 6 by the time we got home. We also played a travel question game that surprisingly turned out to be fun and we learned a lot about each other. I picked up car bingo at the AAA store. I had seen them on Amazon and a local store in Houston, but it was way cheaper from AAA.
  • Maps. I know most of us have a GPS or GPS on your phone, but I always like to take an actual map just in case we need and to see where we are in relation to other cities, etc.  I go to AAA and pick up the maps and almost always use them when I am on road trips.
  • Coloring Books, Colored Pencils and Crayons. I’ve always liked coloring and picked up some cheap books on Amazon to take with us, they were cheaper on Amazon than at local art stores in Houston.
  • Book. I know a lot of people can’t read in the car, but I actually don’t do too terribly reading in the car. I just finished My Paris Dream on the way home. I really liked it. I am always nervous about popular books like this because sometimes they turn out to be not so great.
  • Toiletries. I carry a little bag with me that has all kinds of essentials like wipes, bandages, hand sanitizer, eye depuffer (just in case), essential oils (orange and lemon are so versatile), lip balm and tissues.
  • National Parks Passport Book. I got this several years ago while on vacation because my aunt had one and it is a fun / free thing to get stamps at the national parks you visit.
  • Things that are not pictured that I think are necessary to having a more comfortable road trip include, pillow, blanket, snacks and drinks.
ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment