Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

What I Like Do For Fun!


I know this is more of personal post, but I thought I would go over some things that I really like to do on my free time when I am away from Eco Modern Concierge. I do have to admit every so often I do get to combine work and pleasure and that is, of course, always fun. These are just a few things that I really enjoy doing.

Go on new adventures. This is one of my favorite things to do is going on new adventures with my husband. There is so much to explore in and around Houston. There is so much we have never done, so being tourists in our own city is fun and exciting. Bryan and I love going to try new restaurants. There is so much to learn.

Yoga. Yoga is what keeps me grounded. The past year I have gone through periods of not doing it as often as I would like and I can tell how it effects my stress level, physical ability, and overall being. This is something I have been trying to make more of a priority.

Spend time with family and friends. I love seeing our family and friends and spending time with them, but sometimes it just doesn't feel like we get enough time. My family is about an hour away from where we live so we don't get to see them as often as I would like, but we have definitely tried to make it more of a priority.

Volunteer. I LOVE volunteering and there are several organizations that I have volunteered for, for many years. It is very rewarding to give back to organizations that mean a lot to you. I have met so many different people, learned new things and helped out in various ways. I am also part of a volunteer organization called Altrusa International.

Go to the theatre. One thing that many may or may not know about me is that I love going to plays and musicals. My mother-in-law and I have season tickets to Broadway Across America and TUTS and we always look forward to going to see them.

Go to museums. I have always been a fan of museums. I remember when I was in high school my grandma was my museum buddy and would take into Houston to visit museums for school projects and extra credit things. Briefly in high school I was going to minor in art history classes and had an awesome art history professor at UH.

Learn new things. Learning new things is fun and exciting for me. I started brushing up on my spanish last year. I have taken various classes through the years. Trying new exercise classes, etc.

Go to concerts and / or music festivals. I LOVE music and have been into for as long as I can remember. Growing up my parents music of choice was classic rock and country, so now I pretty much love all types of music. Admittedly, I have not kept up with all the "cool, new" music like I should and am not as knowledgable as I would like to be, but love music. In college I volunteered at a college radio station, so I became very familiar with all different types of music, but indie music in particular.

Ride my bike. I love reading my bike. I find it to be fun and adventurous. There are so many different hike and bike trails throughout Houston and the suburbs of Houston.

Reading. Although I don't get to read nearly as much as I would like to, it is something that I really enjoy doing. I tend to read non-fiction business books and professional development books. I also read fiction, but really like learning.

ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment