When I am doing organizing projects for clients, I always say use what you already have. Of course, there are will always be people who want to go for a aesthetic, me included, but it you don't have to go and purchase something then don't. This saves on time, money, waste, etc. Houston is a large city and as a professional organizer I am constantly driving and the less driving I / others can do the better for the environment. Below are some common items most of us have that we can use to get organized.
- Old jars and cans for all kinds of little odds and ends like utensils, office supplies, etc.
- Egg cartons for jewelry, buttons, craft supplies, etc.
- Shipping boxes for anything that needs a box
- Shoe boxes for anything that needs a box
- Tension rods for cleaning supplies, towels, etc.
- Binder clips to hold random items tougher like cords or money
- Spice jars for all kinds of little odds and ends
- Dish rack to separate lids, documents, etc.
- Napkin holders for bills, papers, etc.