Pages

Friday, October 21, 2016

Try Something New: Calligraphy


In 2014 I tried something new, which was calligraphy. I took a calligraphy class from Lauren Nessl of Blue Eye Brown Eye. It was in Dallas, so we made a weekend of it and stayed with friends in Dallas. I had so much fun in this class and learned so much. Since I write a ton of letters I figured why not learn calligraphy and try to pretty up my letters. 

My only knowledge of calligraphy up until this point was the cheap pen I asked to have from Wal-Mart when I was younger. I remember I wanted it so bad and my aunt was taking me to a birthday party and I convinced her to stop there and let me buy it with my own money. I had no clue how to properly use it, but managed to do it just fine and then lost interest. 

I don't practice as much as I should, but would like to take one of her advanced classes sometime in the future. 

The pictures are of some of my calligraphy supplies that I have and I keep them in this rolling cart from Ikea. Love her post here about the calligraphy supplies she uses. 

Have you tried your hand at calligraphy? What are some new things you like to learn?


ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment