Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 Goals


Where in the hell did 2016 go?!?! It is that time where I go over goals for the year. I have done so much and can't wait to see what is on the horizon. As a professional organizer and concierge in Houston, there is so much I want to do and achieve. You can review some of my past goals from 2016, 2015, and 2014. With personal and business goals there are things that I am constantly striving to do, so when I write goals for the year it doesn't necessarily cover everything I want to do. Below are a few things that I have been thinking about and just need to start doing them!

Let's first recap 2016 goals

Meal Plan. I did meal plan a good chunk, but totally fell off the wagon towards the end of the year.
Random Acts of Kindness. I love this one because I did do random acts of kindness like sending letters to individuals, donating items, helping people who looked lost wandering downtown, randomly sending gift cards to people who do a lot for others, etc. I still want to do MORE this year.
Learn to Use My Camera. I did learn to use my camera more this year in the manual mode, but still need to learn so much more.
More Me Time. This happened to a degree. I didn't get to take a solo trip, but still did stuff for myself like getting reflexology or just roaming the book store.
Try / Learn Something New. Yes, I did try and learn a lot of new things, but more than anything I am proud of myself for finally taking Spanish lessons!!

2017 Personal Goals

Read more. I am really disappointed in myself that I didn't read as much as I would like in 2016. I read a TON of magazines, but not very many books, which is a shame because I love reading.

Learn to play the freaking piano. This has been a goal of mine for many, many, many, many years. I need to really learn this year.

Be present. This was on my list a few years ago, but this is something that my husband brought up. When we are driving in the car the other person in the passenger seat is usually on their phone or if we are watching t.v or a movie one, if not both of us, are on our phone. Basically we need to PUT THE DAMN PHONE DOWN.

Make healthier choices. This is so cliche, but it is really something that I need to focus on this year. I consider myself ok healthy, but didn't really make it a priority last year and need to this year. I exercised ok this past year, but did not do nearly as much yoga or exercising as I would have liked.

Listen better. I know I listen, but a lot of times not everyone has my full undivided attention. I want to REALLY listen and not passively listen.

Get rid of toxicity. There are things that I do or people in my life that are just plain toxic and it is time to say bye bye to negativity. It brings me down and I frankly don't care to make time for it. I am going to start doing what makes me happy and maybe change my outlook. Put a positive spin on the negative things.

2016 Business Goals Recap

Collaborate More / Establish Relationships. I did establish a lot more vendor relationships, which was great, but still want to strive to establish more and connect with more people.
Write Down Successes (big & small). I did great with this the first half the of the year, but the second half not as good. Nonetheless, I did keep track of successes. Becoming a WBENC - Certified Women's Business Enterprise, becoming an approved vendor for Super Bowl 51 and getting a small office space in Downtown Houston were some highlights among many.
Teach/Write More Articles. I did write a little more, but didn't teach much. Teaching is still something that I am interested in, but need to find the right people who want to learn about the profession or certain skills and how-tos.
Join More Professional Organizations. I did!
Up My Promotional Material Game. Well, I sucked at this, last year. Here is to a new year. It is really hard to find local, eco printing options in Houston. If you know of anyone let me know.
Blog / Create an Editorial Calendar. Yes! I did a lot more of this if you have been reading the blog. Scheduling posts has been a life saver.


2017 Business Goals

Up My Promotional Material Game. I'll put this one on here again because I really need to do it. I have already started and created a plan.

Streamline the Accounting. Accounting is something I absolutely do not like, but obviously need to get paid :). I do most things by hand or in spreadsheets and the hard way when it comes to accounting for whatever reason and it's not great because I am a professional organizer and all about streamlining. Plus, I have helped tons through the years streamline. As the saying goes, the cobblers kids......

Improve SEO. I need to work on this and have been thinking about it for many, many years. I have had some recommendations of companies to check out, so I plan on doing something in 2017.

Gain new clients. This has come naturally through the years, mostly word of mouth now, but I always want new clients. I absolutely love what I do and truly strive to do my best for my clients. This is a goal every year even though I don't necessarily put it on the blog every year.

ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment