Pages

Friday, January 27, 2017

Concierge Etiquette: The Top 5 Things You Should Not Ask A Personal Concierge To Do


I decided to write this post because many of times I get asked to do things that just are not right or people will ask "What are some of your weird requests people ask Houston concierges to do?" Most of these things reputable concierge companies will not do. As a professional organizer, personal assistant and concierge in Houston you see and do a lot of abnormal things, but below are some of the things you should not ask a concierge to do.

Anything Illegal. Like get hookers and drugs. You may think this is funny and think "really?!?", but I have gotten asked far too many times to do illegal things and I absolutely will not do it. This is especially privilant when there are big events in town like Offshore Technology Conference (OTC), major sporting events, etc.

Divulge Private Information. At times I get to work on high profile projects or celebrity clientele and I am not allowed to talk about these things. I do have clients sign an agreement that contains that I keep all of their information confidential. From time to time I will get asked information about other clients especially if the person knows I work with certain individuals or their friends. A thing to keep in mind is that I can't talk about others by using their names. It's just not right.

Anything Immoral. I think this doesn't need any explanation and goes along with we will not do anything illegal, but needs to be said.

Babysit Your Children. We can hire professionals or recommend them, but I will not babysit your children. Those days of mine are over :)

To Read Your Mind. I feel like I am a magician many of times because I pull off insanely awesome tasks, but you can't expect a concierge to read your mind if you give them absolutely no details at all. We don't really know what you want unless you put us in a certain direction or give us ideas. We can make the best decisions possibly, but please know concierges ask a lot of questions.

ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment