Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

7 Ways to Have & Show More Gratitude


There are so many ways to have and show gratitude. Being grateful for the small things and really looking at things in a different way is something that I try to do. I am in no way perfect and am always improving myself, but I try really hard to be grateful, even when I am not necessarily feeling it at the time.
  • Keep a Gratitude Journal. Last year and this year I started writing down things that I am grateful for. I am not perfect at always writing things down that I am grateful, but try hard because it makes me see and think of what I am really grateful for. There is so much to be grateful for. 
  • Look for the Silver Linings When There are Challenges. Man, this is really hard to do. Overall, you will be a happier person if you look at the positive in things instead of the negatives. As a Houston concierge and personal assistant things can go wrong and you have to look at the silver linings and figure out different solutions to problems. 
  • Volunteer. Volunteering is one of the most gratifying things because you can make such a big difference. I have volunteered for decades and absolutely love it. If I could I would volunteer all my time with various organizations. There are so many organizations in Houston that you can volunteer for. I have volunteered personally and providing my professional organizing services to many different organizations throughout Houston.
  • Spend More Time Doing Things You Love. You can find so much gratitude and joy doing the things you love. Spend more time with family and let them know you love them. Spend more time on that hobby you love because it makes you happy. 
  • Thank You Notes. I try to write thank you notes often. I am so appreciative when someone does something nice for my husband and I or gives us something. So go tell that person you are thankful! Even if you don't write them a handwritten letter, email or call them and tell them.
  • Give Back. Not just by volunteering, but give back in other ways as well. Tell someone you appreciate them, take in your neighbors trash can, pick up that clothing item off the floor in the store, do random acts of kindness, etc. etc. There are so many ways to give back, you just have to figure out what works best for you. 
  • Email Random People. I know this sounds weird at first, but this is something that I have been doing this past year. I will email people and tell them I like what they are doing. There is a person on Tumblr I have been following for years and love her photos and the snippets she says about her family, so I emailed to tell her I love her photos and the positivity she exudes. There is a made in Texas article in Texas Monthly that I love, so I emailed to tell them that I enjoyed it. The list goes on and on. Surprisingly, most of the time the people will respond. Even with people you think are out of touch and don't expect to reply, they usually will reply. 
ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment