Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

A Day in the Life of a Concierge in Houston: Eco Modern Concierge



I thought it would be fun to show little snippets of what I do and post a day in the life series. Who knows if I'll be diligent about it, but I'll try. This particular day was a super busy one where I was all over the city. I often times forget to take pictures because I move at such a fast pace that it usually is not a top priority of mine. 


I started my day off at a clients house where I was sitting and waiting for the garage door repair man to show up and fix the garage door. This particular client I also do several other assistant tasks for. One of the tasks that I do is take their recycling since they do not have neighborhood recycling. Yes, several neighborhoods inside the loop of Houston do not offer recycling, so if you want to recycle you have to take it somewhere. 


I went to a client's residence in Downtown Houston and picked up some items he needed shipped to him at his other home in California. He had sent me a message the day before asking if I could do this and I was luckily able to fit him in. :) When I have clients downtown and they need help, if there are services that I can use downtown I do. I walk just about everywhere downtown or take the Greenlink, which is a free bus system operated by Metro that goes all throughout Downtown Houston. 



At UPS in Downtown Houston sending items off to my client.

I also, went by FedEx in Downtown Houston, but forget to take a picture. Ugh, so typical that I would forget when I am going 90 mph.


I stopped by the office for a brief moment to look for a paper that I couldn't find in my file cabinet at home. No luck finding it :( , but I did get another copy later on, so it was a success in the end. 


As many of you may know Downtown Houston has a vast tunnel system with all kinds of restaurants, stores, services, etc. I utilize the tunnels when I can because it is close to the office and convenient. This day I took some shoes to Sparkle Cleaners in the tunnels to be repaired. It was on the way to my car, so I stopped real quick.


I love going into Phoenicia Foods and this particular day I needed to grab some lunch because I had not brought any with me. 


This is me eating in the car on the way to my next client. The car was parked when I took this particular photo. I often have to eat on the run and don't have time to sit eat. I know it's a bad habit, but what can I do at the moment....


This was my last stop of the day in NE Houston. Although most of my clients are inside the loop of Houston, this is a client that I have done previous work for and was waiting for their gas to get turned on in their home.

Hope you enjoyed this series! Should I continue putting more posts up like this?

ecomodernconcierge.com
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment