Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

Intentional Focus to Help With Productivity


I started this blog post last year, but never posted it. I am not sure where I heard about intentional focus, but it really got me thinking how important it is. I talk to organizing and concierge clients about this all the time, but without usually calling it intentional focus. What is intentional focus? To me, it means being purposeful in your daily actions, really understanding the process of what we do and why we are doing it and focusing on one thing at a time. Don't try to do all the things all at one time and constantly multitask. I am very guilty of this, but I am trying to be better. Be intentional and focus on what you really need to do and what really matters.

Here are some benefits and tips of intentional focus:

Have daily goals or intentions. Don't try to do all the things everyday. Set 3-5 daily goals or intentions in order to accomplish and achieve what you want.

Helps with productivity. Intentional focus helps us be more productive overall because we are giving our full intention to each tasks instead of stopping and focusing on various other tasks all at the same time.

More creative. We are able to be more creative and when we intentionally focus on things because it can opens us to new ideas since we are really relishing in the process of tasks. New ways of doing things often come to mind when things are more clear in our head. Hence why I get so many ideas while I am working out or driving.

More likely to accomplish your to do list. Intentional focus really helps us get through our to do list because we are not constantly stopping and starting.

Be grateful for everyday things. Start and end your day with gratitude, it really shifts your attitude for the day. Intentional focus reminds us to be grateful for so much. Certain tasks take a lot of time and when we are understanding the full process we are able to have gratitude for so much. For example, I have to call into the alarm company and dread being on hold with customer service, but I am grateful to have an alarm to protect my family, I am grateful for the customer service agent who was able to help and save me money, etc.

Less stress. We are often times less stressed because we are accomplishing the things that we want to rather than having a to do lists with only few things fully accomplished here and there. I am ok knowing I will not get to everything on my to-do list and that is ok.

More happiness. Overall, when you focus intentionally you are happier overall. It makes you appreciate the small things in life.

ecomodernconcierge.com

Photo by Andrijana Bozic on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment