Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

5 Productivity Tips + Hacks That Helped me During Quarantine



Being productive can be very hard for many people. During quarantine I heard a lot of people say "I wanted to be productive, but couldn't get motivated", this was even coming from some of my professional organizing friends. As a professional it is my job to help others be productive. Surprisingly, I was very productive the last 2 months, but mainly because I did a couple of things that helped me not get so overwhelmed. Here are a few things that I did.

I made a huge master list of EVERYTHING that came to mind that I wanted / needed to do. This included business and personal tasks. Then I set a goal of getting at 3 things done each day. It could be a simple tasks or hard task.

I broke up big tasks into smaller manageable tasks. This helped me not get completely overwhelmed with the big daunting tasks. Some of the big tasks included going through photos on a hard drive, updating my website's shop page and writing letters that I had been meaning to send.

I made a chore chart of the smaller tasks that I wanted to work on daily. This chore chart help me stay motivated in accomplishing my daily goals.

I tackled many hard tasks first that I knew would help me function better and not feel as stressed. There were several things work wise that I knew needed to be done that would help me feel better in the future like updating the holiday card mailing list, finishing the process of getting my trademark done and finally connecting with lawyers, etc.

Staying on top of things. Because I didn't feel too overwhelmed with my to do list once I started doing these things, it became routine and I was able to stay on top of things pretty well. That doesn't mean I never skipped a day of doing one of my daily tasks or ever felt non-motivated. All in all because I did try to make it a habit it was easier to achieve overall.

What are tasks that you got accomplished during quarantine?

ecomodernconcierge.com

Photo by Minh Pham on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment