Pages

Friday, February 16, 2018

Eco Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Recycling Committee



Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo season is about to start back up. Anyone excited? I started on the recycling committee last year and had a blast meeting new friends and working hard. You can read about a post I wrote about last year here. Below are some things that I found out last year I needed to have.
  • DW40. Last year we randomly needed this for the trailers, so I will be bringing it back with me again this year. 
  • Wet wipes. When recycling you are bound to get dirty at some point in your shift, so these are necessary. 
  • Sunscreen. We are riding around the HLSR grounds throughout the day and it is always a good idea to wear sunscreen.
  • Gloves. Like I said above you handle all kinds of dirty recycling, so gloves are a good idea.
  • Snacks & Water. Sometimes we are out for long periods of time, so snacks and water are preferred for me.
  • Pocket knife. To break down boxes.
  • Small backpack. This is to put everything in. 
  • Rodeo badge. Just in case you need it. Since I have the morning shift, I have it just in case I want to go to a show after or meet up with friends in certain areas of the rodeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment