Pages

Friday, October 27, 2017

Learn Something New: Essential Oils


In 2014, I started this draft of learning something new each month, which was SO fun. It was funny to read what I said back then because now, I use DoTerra, Young Living and Gritman oils and I am no longer an oil loyalist, but use DoTerra the most. I think all of these brands are wonderful. I use some grocery store brands in some of my cleaning products from time to time. I love essential oils and will continue to use them. I love mixing blends and using them while I am working. Some of my current favorites are lemongrass, clove/orange/cinnamon blend, OnGaurd, Theives, etc. I love following Grapefruit and Gold on Instagram to get inspiration on various blends and what to do with oils. I got that EO box during Amazon Prime day. 

So here is my thoughts on EOs back then.....

I have been intrigued by essential oils for years now. I remember when I was younger my mom would have tea tree oil in various products that was supposed to be calming and I loved the smell of it. There are so many different brands and kinds of oils out there it is hard knowing which ones are "the best".

When we moved to the suburbs I decided to go exploring on many different days just to see what there was to do, where to go, etc in our area. I have some clients that love this detox place about 45 minutes from my house called Deer Lake Lodge, so I decided to go check it out. I was very interested in seeing what it is all about and possibly detoxing there some day. It is a very calming and beautiful place. When I went there they guy told me I could sit in on an essential oils class they would be having a few hours later, after some contemplating I decided to leave and come back for the class. I was super excited because I had always wanted to learn about essential oils. 

The woman who taught it, Sweet Mama, was super nice and informative. Plus, once again like my calligraphy class, it was a beautiful, sunny day. I really wanted to know what oils would help with stress and headaches along with other ailments Bryan or I would encounter. Bryan isn't always convinced of my "natural" ways of doing things, but he usually just goes along with it for the moment. I knew I wanted to use a really pure oil for my body and maybe something less pure, but good for cleaning products. I took a ton of notes and thought that it was great information. 

I ended up deciding on Doterra oils. I was debating between Doterra, Young Living and Mountain Rose. I have researched a TON on pure oils, so I know Doterra and Young Living have a rivalry of some sort, but from the beginning I was leaning towards Doterra after reading about them and then them being recommended years ago and then finally Sweet Mama saying she used them. So I decided to go with my gut. I don't use the oils every day, but so far I have been very pleased with them. Who knows maybe that will change in the future.






ecomodernconcierge.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment