Pages

Friday, May 27, 2016

Trip Planning: Hiking

*** So I started this post almost exactly 2 years ago, but I thought I would go ahead and post it because it was a good memory and hiking when it is not scorching out is always fun. Plus, I help clients pack for trips from time to time, which includes hiking gear.

I just got back from a hiking trip to Estes Park, CO with my husband and several friends. It was really hard for me to decide what was necessary and not necessary to bring on the trip since I really don't hike in cold weather. All the hiking I have done has mostly been during the summer time. 

Here are some things that I decided to pack for actual hiking days, which it turned out I used almost everything. 
  1. Map
  2. Thermals 
  3. Comfy pants
  4. Polyester and Cotton shirts
  5. Wind and rain proof jacket
  6. Puffy Vest
  7. Hiking shoes / socks (the socks are a must)
  8. Sunscreen
  9. Food (Purely Elizabth Granola or any granola that one is just my favorite, fruit, sandwiches, etc.)
  10. Water bottle
  11. Backpack
  12. Hand sanitizer / wipes
  13. Toilet Paper
  14. Sunglasses
  15. Camera
  16. Pencil and Pad
  17. Map
Bring band aids. One of the friends that we were with got really bad blisters. Thankfully, I didn't get blisters that bad. The first day we hiked I think 9 miles maybe a little more and my feet were killing me. Be sure to have the proper shoes and socks, which I think mine were great it was just the whole walking for 9 miles in one day thing that my feet didn't like. 



No comments:

Post a Comment