Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Herb Garden

This was a post I meant to post last Spring and since the herb garden is basically the same I thought I would go ahead and post it. 

Since moving into our new house one thing that I had at our old house and really wanted at the new house was an herb garden. We tinkered on different ideas of whether to have it raised on the ground or up off the ground, that way we could move it. 

My concerns were that I didn't want treated wood to be used for the majority of it, so it would be cedar and galvanized metal or a stone herb garden. I decided to use stone. We had some extra stones in our yard and just decided to use those. 

Here is what we did (it's super easy): 
  • Used 20 stones and we did two layers on top of each other to form a rectangle
  • Lined the bottom with newspaper
  • Then organic compost 
  • Then organic soil
  • Plant the herbs
  • Label if you want. I had metal labels made years ago that I got off of Etsy.
  • Done!







I got the herbs from Whole Foods and a local nursery that I found at a farmers market called New Leaf Nursery. When we first did this herb garden the herbs did amazing. Then winter came and many died off while many others did awesome. Now that Spring is here, some of the ones that died have come back to life. They need full sun. I water mine about every 2-3 days.

ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment