Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Business Lessons I have Learned in 2018

2018 was a great busy year with many ups and downs. Here are some lessons I learned this year.

Go with your gut. I knew this, but I followed by gut on discontinuing a relationship with a long term, toxic client and it was such a great thing for my business. It flourished to new heights.

Have hard deadlines. When working with bloggers I have come to realize some are easier to work with than others. I have contracts that I have them sign and now will always have an agreed upon date that things need to be published by. I have gotten burned too many times by bloggers and am tired of it. I now have hard deadlines when things need to be published by. The ones that I continue to work with are absolutely amazing.

Get a deposit for certain things. I will now have a deposit required when traveling outside of Houston for work.

Have detailed contracts. Especially when working with bloggers, make sure you are very specific on deadlines and expectations. I have worked with many bloggers through the years some have been great to work with while others I would not work with them again.

Pursue what you believe in. If you believe in something make it happen.

People are still mean, but there is more good than bad I believe. As much as I want to believe in others that are in my industry there is a select few that are still mean. I got kicked out of an organizing FB group for commenting on a thread saying that I liked NAPO's podcast Stand Out. Many of my other professional organizing colleagues said this group is notorious for doing that because they don't want NAPO mentioned. Why can't they be collaborative? So dumb in my opinion.

Say no. I said no to a lot of things this year and it felt so good!

ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment