Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

How to Organize a Card Making Party & Give Back


The last several years I have made tons of Valentine's cards for Texas Children's Hospital and it is SO fun! This year I thought I would post on how to organize your own card making party.
  1. Choose a charity and/ or organization you want to make cards for. 
  2. Decide on a date and location.
  3. Invite guests.
  4. Get supplies or asks guests to bring crafting supplies. I usually buy supplies in the dollar bins at Target, from Dollar Tree and use the tons of supplies that I already have at home. 
    1. You will need cards. I have gotten the Valentine's that come in the boxes and I have made my own. If I make my own, I get A2 or A4 size blank cards in various sizes, designs and Valentine's colors like reds, pinks, whites, etc.
    2. Scissors
    3. Glue / Glue Sticks
    4. Decorating supplies like stickers, foam stickers like hearts, washi tape, watercolors, markers, etc. I don't get a lot of glitter things because Texas Children's ask to not use much glitter.
  5. Plan a small menu and drinks.
  6. Make cards.
  7. Have fun!!
  8. Send off or deliver to charity and/or organization!
I saw this in another article and thought it was a great idea, choose some questions to discuss and reflect while you are making cards.
  • What are you grateful for?
  • What are some of your favorite charities?
  • Why do you give back?
  • What makes you the most happy about giving back?
  • How do you like to give back the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment