Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Plagiarism is WRONG

One thing that I have had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with recently is plagiarism. I post ads on varies sites and one that has been more or less successful for me is Craigslist. Several weeks ago I was talking with someone that I organize for and she asked me if I had heard of another girl she has used in the past. I said yes and didn't think too much of it after that. When I decided to go repost one of my ads I decided to go look at my competitors and see what services they were providing, pricing, locations they worked, etc. To my dismay and surprise another organizer copied my whole entire ad word for word with her own content here and there. Come to find out after researching she has a blog as well and copied some of my content from my blog. After a little more research I saw that she made some presentations with info from my ad for personal assistant work I do. I was VERY disappointed by all this. I work hard to say the right things when I am creating a new ad don't want it to be copied word for word. Moral of the story is plagiarism of anyone's work is WRONG WRONG WRONG no matter who you are or what you do.

So if anyone is ever looking on Craigslist and sees one of my ads and happens to come upon another person who has the same ad as me, please flag immediately. I can see if you want to get ideas from others ads, but please never copy word for word.

www.ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment