Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Handwritten Notes - What Happened to Them

Handwritten notes are something that I find to be a lost art in this day in age. With email and everything electronic, I try to stay more personal whenever possible. Yes, I am constantly emailing others, but I think it is so much better if you can sit down and take the time to write something by hand. I always try to write a thank you notes, occasions, just because and for many other different reasons. I always like getting that nice surprise of a note in the mail.

Some ways in which you can make writing a note more fun and interesting would be:

  • Get fun stationary. One person who I love to use is Avie Designs on Etsy.
  • Use return address labels who represent you and aren't plain and boring. I get mine at Avie Designs as well.
  • One special touch that I like to use is sealing the letter in someway whether it is a sticker seal or a wax seal. I use a wax seal more often because it personalizes it more and people usually know it is from me.
Remember, if you use an odd size letter (mine are usually square or rectangle) or have a wax on the back that is thick you may have to use the 64 cent postage.

Try to write at least one handwritten note a month if not more. Whether it is a thank you note or a just saying hi note, whomever receives it will probably be pleased and grateful and you never know whose day you may have brightened.

www.ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment