Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Renting Tips

As a part -time real estate agent, that as of right now only deals with people who are renting, there are many of things that people ask my advice on and I try to help my clients to the best of my ability. Here are a few things that I think people should follow in order to get into the place they love:

  • Take your time looking, never settle for anything you 1. can't afford and 2. just don't like. Many of times people become very frustrated with the fact that they have been looking for a long time or have to move very quickly, so they just settle. I highly recommend taking your time if at all possible and going with that gut feeling.
  • Location, Location, Location. I know this is something that you hear about all the time, but many of times you will pay the price for the location, but you don't have to. When I was looking to rent I looked for what felt like forever, but there were several things that I wouldn't budge on, which was location and my budget most importantly. You just have to diligently search.
  • When it comes to price never go over your budget because there are many things you need to consider besides the rent, which is all your other bills like utilities, insurance, car, food, etc. etc.
  • Try to negotiate as much as possible. Ask if there is a discount, if you are a student see if there is a student discount, see if they will go down on the rent if you pay a chunk of $ upfront, if you sign a lease for 1+ years, etc. In real estate there is almost always room for negotiation and it never hurts to ask.
  • Be patient. I know this is hard for many people, including myself, but it is something that you will appreciate in the end. Everything usually falls into place if you just stay relaxed about the whole process and try not to get too overwhelmed.
  • Be sure to read the lease carefully and understand every part of it. If there is anything that you do not feel comfortable with be sure to ask questions.
  • I would recommend to always get renters insurance even if it is never used, you never know when the complex or house can go up in flames.
  • A great way to find a place is by looking on craigslist or just by driving around the neighborhoods.
There are so many more tips that I could elaborate on, but these are some of the main points that concern my clients the most and what I tell them when they are looking.

visit my website at: www.ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment