Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Top Takeaways NAPO Houston Professional Organizers Learned from the NAPO 2019 Conference



Did you go to the NAPO 2019 conference? So many Houston organizers attended because it was basically in our backyard. I asked Houston organizers to submit their top tips they learned from conference and here is what some organizers had to say. 

Adonna Braly with Clutter Roundup: "In one of the educational sessions, I learned that there are 4 roadblocks to effective time management – emotional, environmental, intellectual and social – and how to reframe each one for optimum results. I also learned that the networking, camaraderie, and fellowship with my fellow organizers is priceless. It’s really the reason I go to conference and never fails to be the best part!" 

Donna Matthews with Slay the Chaos: "Your brand is not a logo - it’s a feeling, perception, experience AND a promise...I've been thinking about what my promise is and how to align all my efforts accordingly."

Stephanie King with Status Organized: "Loved the welcoming and warm-hearted members of NAPO...my new tribe. Learned about creating resiliency to get through life. ABC Method: 
(A) Accept Reality: you may not be able to control a situation but you CAN control your response to the situation 
(B) Behave Productively: 5-4-3-2-1-MOVE (or write or leave the house or exercise, etc....a little oomph to start a process)
(C) Control Upsetting Thoughts: use realistic statements or mantras to quiet the negative talk"


Ellen Delap with Professional-Organizer.com: "From the Presidents perspective. Attending conference helps you grow your career and business. Connection in real life is priceless."

Melony Davis with All About Space Organizing: "One of the workshops encouraged us to ask for an Emergency Contact and Phone #, as well as any preexisting medical conditions that we might need to be aware of as we work together. Thought these were great ideas! (So many more.)"

Amy Vance with Eco Modern Concierge: "I learned so much from conference as always. One of my main takeaways gathering all the information in one place in case something happened to me and someone needed to access my business info. I have all the info, but not in one go to place for someone to access. This is definitely something I will be working on soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment