Pages

Monday, June 14, 2021

10 Benefits of Joining Professional Organizations for your Business


Through the years I have joined various professional organizations in the concierge fields and professional organizing fields. When I was first starting out, I didn't really realize how beneficial it would be to join these various organizations. I knew it was important, but didn't really realize just how important it was until I did end up joining them. I have been a member of NAPO, National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals for over 10 years now. I originally started my business in 2005 and wish I would have joined NAPO back then because I didn't know what I was missing until I joined. Several years ago I joined The National Concierge Association as well. Here are some of the many benefits of joining a professional organization:
  1. Education. The education that NAPO offers is far beyond what I would have thought and they are constantly adding classes as well. I am part of several other professional organizations like WISE who also offer great education resources. 
  2. Connections. When you join various professional organization the people you meet is wonderful. Everyone has different backgrounds, specialities, etc. You for sure make some friends for life. 
  3. Networking. The great thing is that there are always plenty of networking opportunities when you join various professional organizations. They can sometimes lead to new business or potential new opportunities that you may not be expecting. 
  4. Resources. There a ton of resources from education to templates to how to market and navigate your business and the list goes on. 
  5. Vendors. You often meet great new vendors, companies, services and resources that you can do business with. 
  6. Additional business revenue. You have the opportunity to bring in additional business revenue my applying to teach classes, meeting people who connect you with others that can lead to new business, education and networking to provide you the means to create additional business resources like templates, classes, coaching, etc.
  7. Opportunities. You often get press opportunities or opportunities to work with organizers in various states or regions. I have been asked to be on podcasts, set on panels, etc. because of the connections I have made. 
  8. Ideas. You can get unlimited ideas from others, the educations, resources because of being part of various professional organizations. I see things that other mention that I want to implement into my business mainly through the classes I take.
  9. Collaborations. You have the opportunity to collaborate with various businesses, colleagues, etc. just from using their services or have common interests or goals, etc.
  10. Conferences. Conferences are often a wonderful thing to attend if you can because the education is awesome, the networking is so fun and helpful and it great to meet people who specialize in various areas of your particular field. 

No comments:

Post a Comment