Pages

Monday, January 7, 2019

2019 Goals


Wow what a wonderful year 2018 was. I accomplished so much professionally and personally. Can't wait to see what 2019 has in store for this little business. I couldn't remember all of my goals from 2018 and when I was writing down things for this year, I noticed I had some of the exact same goals What are some of your goals this year?

Here is an update from last year:

2018 Personal Goals

Self care. Well I still need to work on this, but I have made attempts.

More  yoga. Unfortunately, this has not happened. It is on my list again this year. 

Document more. Semi happened. I can still work on it. 

Explore HoustonI want to continue exploring and have been to several new places. 

Get rid of toxicity. I DID THIS!!! I no longer work for a very toxic client and my energy has shifted and my business has flourished. I still have nightmares about them sometime, but thankfully overall I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!!

2018 Business Goals

Learn new things. I have learned some new things, but not like I wanted to do.

Join different business networking groups. I am happy to be a part of so many new groups! I love the people I have met. Maybe I will continue this year.

Take more online courses. I have taken many new online courses and even earned my Life Transitions certificate from NAPO.

Collaborate more with colleagues. Lots of collaboration happened last year with colleagues. 

More videos. I made several videos last year and then just stopped because life got hectic. I really need to pick that back up when I have a slow day. 

Give back moreThis is a passion of mine and continue to do it. I have been trying to give back at least once a month for organizing services and also, all my other volunteering stuff that I LOVE!

2019 Business Goals

Update website. It's been several years since it had a refresh and desperately needs one. I update it myself, but need new graphics, more streamlined, etc. I made the first step and reached out to a company to help with this. Let's see if they get back to me and where it goes.

Upload receipts. I have all my receipts for my business, but want to upload and attach them to the proper transaction in my Quickbooks. That way I am making it way more efficient for myself and for tax time.

Do more speaking engagements. I love speaking and do get slightly nervous, but would really like to do even more speaking engagements. I have 2 booked in January so far.

Work more in suburban areas like The Woodlands and Clear Lake. 95% of my business is near or inside the loop of Houston and I definitely don't want to move too far away from that, but would really like business in The Woodlands or Clear Lake / Galveston area (where a good chunk of my family is). So please let me know if you have any referrals in those areas.

Get published more. I don't know how this will happen, but I would like to get published more locally and nationally. If you have any connections or know any publications looking for content for organizing or concierge services I would really like to be considered.

Document more. This was on my personal goals last year, but this year I want to document more projects, funny stories, fun things we do, etc. in my concierge business. Everyday is different and I love it and want to remember it.

Streamline. Get more things on automation. I use my physical calendar religiously and want to also use my electronic calendar religiously, I want to deal with accounting stuff asap, etc.

2019 Personal Goals

Read more. I don't think I read one book in its entirety the whole year last year. I started a TON, but never finished one. I will read more books this year.

More yoga. I failed so much on the yoga journey last year. This is my year for more stretch and to get back into it. I truly love yoga and am mad at myself for not doing it more.

Cook one recipe from a different cookbook at least 4 times a month. I love cooking and have a ton of cookbooks that rarely get used, so this is the year to use them more!

Open the damn InstantPot box and actually use it. We have had the InstantPot since July and STILL have not opened the box. This has to change because everyone raves about it.

Photo: Photo by Alizee Marchand from Pexels

ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment