Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The One Thing Houston Professional Organizers Do Every Day


I asked some NAPO Houston professional organizers, what is one thing you do everyday? These are some of the responses. THANK YOU to all my fellow Houston organizers for sending me your responses. 

Dena Wilson of Places! Professional Organizing: "Have to make my bed each day. If for some reason I don’t (running late) I make it before I go to sleep."

Melony Davis of All About Space Organizing: "I unload my dishwasher every morning while my coffee makes, I make a realistic to-do list, I make my bed (even if I don’t use all of the decorative pillows every day), and I always wash my face before I go to bed."

Mary Jo Contello of Organized by MJ: "I make my bed, then I've always accomplished something. Check email before I leave house."

Valerie Thompson of Chronically Organized: "Hmm...am I the only organizer who doesn’t make my bed?!? I make a cup of earl grey tea every morning, after that it seems like every day is different."

Ximena Lopez of Zensible Organizing: "Coffee first thing in the morning , stretching exercises, make bed, check calendar, emails and FB ( have lots of family and friends far away) have breakfast at home,work from home or with clients, check emails before 6 pm, cook a nice dinner ( 70% of the week days), watch nice TV show or movie ( no news), sleep."

Gayle Goddard of The Clutter Fairy: "I do the bed every morning, but all my clearing/ resetting happens at night. I put everything back in the kitchen, food away, dishes in dishwasher, get through mail and pick up any trash, put the day's clothes/shoes/jewelry away, and manage cat boxes. I don't have any juice in the morning to do anything other than getting out the door!"

Naomi Kealy of Charming Spaces: "Make the bed, coffee, check my calendar and check my to do list. At night, I deal with mail right away, check the kids backpacks, have dinner as a family at the table, dishes, and I always wash my face and remove my makeup before bed (took years to form this habit lol)."

Ellen Delap of Professional-Organizer.com: "I love my morning routine! Walk first, tea, email, get ready for the day and off to clients."

Tammy Atchison of The Busy Corner: "Before going to bed, I set up the next day. Have everything ready for client, create a daily list from my master list, usually look at Facebook! 
...I’ve simplified my bed linens, so it’s easy to just pull up the covers!"

Meredith Brister of Sorted and Styled: "Make bed, floss, update bullet journal, unsubscribe from emails, classify mileage, take trash out, feed cats. Not in that order but at some point in the day."

Tiffany Mensing of Space & Serenity: "Coffee. Just thought of one other thing I always do...mascara. Or no one can see my eyelashes! "

Susan Wade of Sunflower Strategies: "If errands are needed, I write them down in the order I will go geographically so I'm not wasting time. Also, always add an item to the grocery list as I run low or use the last of.....can't stand going to the store more than once per week!"

Ellen Cooley of Southern Sequence: "I don’t go to bed without putting everything away and tidying up the main living area. i.e. fluff the pillows on the couch, straighten items on coffee table, etc. Helps me start the next morning fresh and less distracted!"

Amy Vance of Eco Modern Concierge: "I get everything ready for the next day this includes laying out clothes, checking my calendar and making sure I have all the supplies that I need for the next day. I check my email every morning, but don't always make the time to respond to everything right away. Only if it is urgent. I also take our dog, Rothko, out first thing every morning." 

Photo by Logan Nolin on Unsplash



No comments:

Post a Comment