Pages

Monday, January 11, 2021

2021 Goals

I know that 2020 was less than ideal for many people, but for us it was a pretty good year. Looking back there were definitely more positives than negatives, but there was definitely some really low, infuriating  and horrible points that I don't care to or that I have not shared yet because some of those low points are still trying to be resolved. 

Below are some of my goals for 2021 for business and personal. I wanted to put things that I think are attainable. I have list of other ideas as well, but these are things that I really want to work on and try to do. Some are going to be harder to do than others and that is ok. Many goals take time and hard work. In the words of Glennon Doyle "We can do hard things" : 

Business

Stress less over things that I can not control. The fact of the matter is that shit is going to happen that I have no control over and I am just going to have to live with it. Stressing does nothing, but put me in a bad mood and it helps me to find the good rather than the bad in the situation to the best of my ability. 

Setting clear boundaries with clients. I am pretty good with this already, but some clients and potential clients need to know there are boundaries. Like I will not text back after a certain point at night, I will not always drop everything I am doing to help with their non-emergency organizing situation, I will not bump and rearrange my schedule just to accommodate them and their needs at any given moment. If you know me you know I am, try to be and probably always will be accommodating the best that I can. I really do care a lot about my clients, hence why I have been able to sustain many clients for many years. 

Hire more people. Hiring and scheduling are 2 of the most frustrating things when it comes to behind the scenes work you don't see. I have awesome people that work for me and then some will just change their mind, have life changes, move, etc. and then it is like starting all over again. It beyond frustrates me when I am interviewing people who want to get paid big bucks, but only want to work 10-20 hours a week and have no responsibility. Well, don't we all. Tell me where to hire the awesome people who actually want to work lol.

Slow down. I feel like I say this a lot, but it's true. I know there are busy seasons of our business that are crazier than others. 2020 forced many of us, including myself, to really slow down. During the pandemic and quarantine I got a TON done business wise and personally. Plus, I really needed a break. I want to really relish in certain business and personal moments and not be booking myself or the ones that work for me on a crazy amount of projects in one day. Hence, setting clear boundaries lol. When I slow down it always helps me to really think about things, be super organized, do creative things, come up with new ideas, and the list goes on and on. 

Personal

Be a good mom and wife. This year is about to change for me because I am about to become a first time mom and can't wait! I know this will present many challenges and I really want to focus on being a good mom and wife to my husband. I think I am good wife already, but I know there are definitely things that I can improve on. I think every relationship has room for improvement. 

Take time to do creative things I love and things I love in general. There are so many creative things that I love doing like creating art for various non-profits like Valentine's cards for Texas Children's Hospital, organizing toy drives for MD Anderson, reading, writing, yoga, walks, etc. These are all things I love and feel that many have been put on the back burner or I do them in a rushed way and don't feel great about doing them.

Celebrate the small things. I don't know if it is having a child or what and I have actually talked about this before on here, but celebrating the little things and finding little hints of joy and positivity, I believe can make for happier moments in life. I think like many people, the bad and negative things really get to me sometimes. Through the years I have definitely developed some thicker skin and let a lot more roll off my back, but there are some things that are just frustrating. 

Document things. Having a newborn and a year of firsts. I want to make sure I properly document everything and can't wait to document everything. 

Organize photos. I did this during quarantine, but slacked again throughout the year because of being busy with work and not feeling my best for the first 3 months of pregnancy. 

Slow down and relish in the moment. I am putting this on my personal goal as well as my business goal because I really want to do this, this year. I am ok with missing out on certain opportunities if it means I get to spend more time with my family (my priority), take care of myself, appreciate the small things, have an overall better since of positivity and happiness and the list goes on and on.

Some other fun, super realistic goals

Clean out my car daily. I am good at this already, but really want to be great at deligintly doing it more regularly.

Take down my water cups from my nightstand every morning. Anyone else guilty of having a huge accumulating pile of cups of water on their nightstand? 

Cleaning up nightly. My husband and I both made it a goal to clean up nightly by not waiting to do dishes, clearing counter tops, etc. We were semi good at this, but we are preparing for what craziness is about to come so we want to be better about this. We have started and have stuck to it so far and man it feels so good to wake up every morning to a clean kitchen or not rush clean certain areas because someone is coming over. 

ecomodernconcierge.com

Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels


No comments:

Post a Comment