Pages

Friday, May 14, 2021

Baby & New Parent Items Used Frequently in the 1st Month


Through the years we have helped countless families and families with little ones get organized, prep for babies arrival, etc. For me being a first time mom I have learned A LOT along the way and what is needed, not needed, what has worked for us and what has not. Like the wedding industry, the baby industry has SO many things that are marketed to you. So many things are just a waist of money when it comes down to it, in my opinion. Everyone spends their money differently and I am sure there are some things that we don't have that others swear by and vice versa. I don't know what I don't know. So far these are some things that have been extremely helpful to us. Besides the essentials like car seats, diapers, bottles, etc.

Rags, burp clothes, etc.: These have gotten an endless amount of use EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. There is so much spit up, pee, spills, etc.

Carpet cleaner: Along those lines of spit up, pee, etc. we are constantly cleaning, so this carpet cleaner was something totally worth it for us. We were endlessly using washing cushions and everything in between, using Folex constantly, etc. We use this on the rugs, carpet, couch, etc. so worth the price. In my opinion a new parent must. 

The Laundress baby detergent: Well now that we do laundry at least 5x a week (we used to only do it 1x a week) this baby detergent is constantly getting used. We tried another brand, but think it was causing our little man to break out. 

Water bottle with handle: I use this RTIC water bottle that my brother in law got me ALL the time. I love it because it is slim and has a handle. 

Stroller: We have this Uppababy stroller that I didn't know if it would be worth the hype, but we LOVE it. A lot of our family members made comments about us getting it because it was expensive, but once our family members pushed our little man in it they see why we LOVE it. Plus, it converts and can be used with multiple kids if need be. 

Sanitizing bags: I was hesitant to use these and often compromise with my husband on things, but they have been extremely convenient to use and so helpful in sanitizing things. Boiling water just sometimes takes a lot of time to do.

Loungewear: I have basically lived in all things loungewear and then have changed a million times because of spit up, pee, etc. getting all on me. I really like these Amazon joggers linked.

Duplicates: We got duplicate covers for things like our doc a tot (family friends got this for us and and we use it every single day), Boppy, change pad, etc. We really underestimated how much laundry we would be doing lol, so having duplicates of things has cut down on our laundry a good bit. 

Vitamins: Our doctor recommend to continue taking prenatal or postnatal vitamins along with Vitamin D supplements that was recommended for us. I would consult with your doctor directly on what may be needed for you. 

Gripe water: I was kind of hesitant using this stuff, but when our son is super fussy it is usually because he is uncomfortable in some way whether it is a tummy ache, hiccups, etc. gripe water has helped him with.

Stain solution: I feel like SO much has pee, poop and spit up on it so stain solution for all your laundry needs is a must. I love The Laundress stain solution and we use Oxy Clean stain spray every so often as well. 

Haaka: This thing is essential if you are breastfeeding. It is SOOO helpful and catches the breast milk from the other breast that you are not breast feeding from. 

There are so many more things that have been SO useful to us, but off the top of my head these are the things that I can think of so far in this first month that have been extremely helpful.

ecomodernconcierge.com


No comments:

Post a Comment