Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Organizing The Eco Modern Concierge Blog: Scheduling Blog Posts


So one of my goals last year was to consistently blog for Eco Modern Concierge and schedule blog posts. I started finally doing it most consistently the 2nd part of the year and man it was wonderful. During the holidays and when I was super busy I did not have to worry about posting content. I try to have things scheduled at least a month in advance, but of course change / move things around when I need to. I am not trying to be a full-time blogger. I do it mostly for Eco Modern Concierge to stay current and up-to-date. So far, have gotten good feedback. I go over professional organizer / organizing projects in Houston,  personal assistant tasks tips & tricks, eco products, concierge must haves, Houston related content, etc.

Here is what has helped me stay organized with blog content:

  • First I write down subjects / topic ideas that I want to post about. Currently I have 43 drafts of content that I want to eventually publish. 
  • I choose days of the week that I want to post. For me I chose Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I totally change that from time to time. 
  • I print out blank calendar pages and that is where I write down what I will be posting on what days, if I need a photo for the posts, etc. I scratch all kinds of things out and move posts, etc. 
  • I follow a loose editorial calendar.
    • Mondays: Made in the USA, EMC business happenings, personal assistant tasks, etc.
    • Wednesdays: Organization, tips, projects, etc.
    • Fridays: Eco, Houston related posts, small business highlight, gift ideas, concierge posts, etc. 
  • I then gather photos or take photos for the blog.
  • Lastly, I schedule the posts. 

Having calendar pages and keeping track of posts is what keeps me most organized when it comes to the Eco Modern Concierge blog. I am a visual person and like to see things on paper.

Is there any particular type of blog content that you would like to see?

ecomodernconcierge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment