Pages

Monday, July 20, 2020

The Art of Letter Writing


I used to write letters ALL the time and somehow got out of the habit of doing it as much. I used to send birthday cards, thank you cards constantly, cards to clients thanking them, cards for Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc. I still try to send thank you cards and Christmas cards. This year I said I was going to do it more, I then started to do and then weened off of it. During quarantine I decided send thank you letters to clients that I had meaning to since the beginning of the year. I love how appreciated everyone usually is and who doesn't love getting a letter in the mail?! When writing letters, especially thank you letters, here is what I like to do:
  • I usually like to use personalized stationary
  • I like to address the person and tell them thank you for "x" thing
  • Tell them how much it means to me or how I have used or will use that gift
  • Then I usually sign it "love", "thank you" a heart, etc. depending on who I am sending it to
  • I use a wax seal or sticker seal usually
  • I love vintage stamps and new stamps
  • The return address label is usually an embosser or some kind of custom return address label

As you can see I take my letter writing usually seriously and I feel everyone is usually appreciative. 




No comments:

Post a Comment