Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

What NAPO Houston Organizers Are Doing During Quarantine



I asked my NAPO Houston organizing colleagues to weigh in on what they are working on during quarantine time because of COVID-19 and here is what they had to say! What are you working on during all your downtime? 

Liz Tucker of Serenity Organizing Solutions"I’m doing some organizing of my own! Mostly spending time refining systems I’ve put into place and clearing out my physical inbox."

Ximena Lopez Owen of Zensible Organizing: "I have been listening to NAPO podcasts, NAPO free webinars, previous NAPO Conference recordings, and today I finished my first free COVID-19 Resource class!! The more I learn, the more I am fit and skilled to help others with their organizing needs!"

Ellen Delap of Professional-organizer.com"Learning on NAPO.net"

Kerry Spencer of Vibrantly Organized: "Homeschooling 😉 but I am still able to help my college students and now parents homeschooling. All virtually of course."

Michelle Smithpeter of Pretty Practical Spaces: "Today I finally got back to my garden! Gave 2 bouquets to neighbors, before taking this photo: 

"Pantry rescue project this weekend. I had to redistribute heavy items and change support pins.  
Need to add black center brackets when I find some that aren't $50 each 🤑"

Melony Davis of All About Space Organizing"I was able to virtually work with a client who now lives in Georgia. She decided she wanted to purge her closet, but was feeling overwhelmed. I gave her this advice: “Before you get too far in, ask yourself why you’re wanting to minimize and what your objectives are. Once you know that, go through everything and see if what you’re keeping meets those objectives. Remind yourself that you’re in a very different time and place than you were when you got certain pieces. I’m happy to assist you any way I can. It seems simple, but it was just what she needed to hear. 

I am also organizing and getting ready to plant the largest garden I have ever had. This may end up being harder than working with clients."

Ann Zanon of A2Z Organizing Solutions: "I am working but just with one client and just part-time. I have been counting on my VA to do more back-end work. Gotta put in my plug here though...for those of you who are doing NAPO and ICD classes, be sure to track them! It's a great time to assess where you are in terms of achieving your CPO® status!

Helen Schutz of HBS Organizing: "Working remotely with clients - thank goodness the technology exists to do this!"

Karen Baker of Soho Productivity Solutions: "I’ve working remotely with clients too. I’m getting more emails than usual from clients with questions about working from home and maintaining productivity in these less than ideal circumstances."


Amy Vance of Eco Modern Concierge: "I’m trying to catch up on my various business renewals, schedule blog posts, think of ways to sustain business if this goes on for 3+ months (because it is going to get worse), etc."

1 comment:

  1. Love knowing what everyone is up to! Thank you Amy!

    ReplyDelete